A filmstrip is one of the projective audio visual that a fixed sequence related still on a roll of 35 mm film.The filmstrip can be projected backside of the map as convenience of the teaching situation demand. A large number of subjects come with in the range of filmstrips.The teacher only needs to tap the right type of strip for his teaching purpose. Filmstrip is a continuous strip of 35 mm or 16mm or 8mm film consisting of individual frames or pictures arranged in sequence, usually with exploratory titles.
Parts of a Filmstrip Projector
Guidelines in Using a Filmstrip Projector
- Place the film-strip projector on a rigid & stable table.
- Place the screen at an appropriate place so that the whole class can see it. 3. Insert the film – strip on its carrier in its place behind the object lens tube after opening the tube.
- Mount a film strip on its carrier
- Insert the projector card plug into the wall socket.
- Darken the room in which projection is to be carried out.
- Switch the cooling fan first & than the projection bulb.
- Focus the image on the screen sharply by moving or objective lens forward & backward.
- Show the slide the explain your subject matter with its aid.
- Move the film-strip to get the next frame.
- Present the frames sequentially.
- After the lesson, switch off the bulb first then the cooling fan unplug the film-stripe projector store it back in its box.